Monday, January 19, 2009

2009 Conconully Outhouse Races



This was the first weekend that we had a chance as a family to go have some fun. And boy was this fun or at least funny! The Conconully Outhouse Races have been around for 25 years, each Outhouse is built by individual teams, and are then raced down a snow covered Main Street. Each team has 3 members, two people pushing the Outhouse and one rider has to sit on the pot! My personal favorite were the bucket races, where the two pushers had to wear buckets on their heads and rely on the rider on the pot to give them directions. I have fond memories of playing eyesy-closey at the local go-cart track, ah, the things teenagers do to have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Jen,

    That is so funny! How are you surviving the snow? I loved your earlier post - a lot of wisdom in that...when life gives you snow - make snow cones!! I've been approaching winter all wrong!!

    I have a love/hate relationship with the snow - I broke my ankle a few weeks ago when the snow beneath me shifted - but I think I'll let it make it up to me by making a few snowcones when it snows this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete